FMV Seminar Mineral Recycling at KU Leuven
- 9 March
Flanders Metals Valley organizes first FMV Seminar. FMV seminars consist of 3 lectures on a specific topic, followed by a networking event. On 9 March, Flanders Metals Valley organized its first FMV Seminar in Leuven at the KUL on the topic of mineral recycling.
After a short introduction by Mathias Chintinne and Bart Blanpain about the status of FMV as an organization, we heard an inspiring talk by professor Yiannis Pontikes. He emphasized today’s potential for lowering the material and CO2 footprint of concrete by using industrial by-products. Lukas Arnout showed us how Resourcefull scales up the new binder technologies to suit customer’s needs. Ruben Snellings put the challenges for the cement industry in a broader perspective, showing that a multitude of solutions are needed to reduce the CO2 footprint of cement-based building materials.
- 14:00 to 14:15 welcoming at KU Leuven in Heverlee
- First keynote: “Current research activities at SREMat” by Yiannis Pontikes, KU Leuven
- Second keynote: “Zero OPC self-compacting concrete: A Flemish case study using local slags” by Lukas Arnout, Resourcefull
- Third keynote: “Future and emerging cement replacement materials” by Ruben Snellings, VITO
- Closing remarks by the workgroup Innovation
- Discussion with insights from every member
- Informal networking with food and drinks