Flanders Metals Valley seminar and matchmaking event
- Thursday 28 March 2024 from 13h to 18h
Thermotechnisch Instituut KU Leuven
Kasteelpark Arenberg 41 - 3001 Heverlee
Get inspired in the historical context of the Thermotechnical Institute by the international keynote speakers invited by KU Leuven as they share their views on high temperature metallurgy concepts and how they can contribute to sustainable development. Besides attending the keynote lectures, get informed by the research lines and topics of the KU Leuven Institute for Sustainable Metals and Minerals (SIM²) in a networking event. Share your thoughts and views with academics and peers during the reception.
- 13:30 – 15:30: Keynote lectures
- Prof. Bart Blanpain (Dept. Of Materials Engineering, KU Leuven)
- Prof. Andrie Garbers-Craig (Dept. of Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering, University of Pretoria)
- Prof. Jungwook Cho (Graduate Institute of Ferrous Technology (GIFT) in South Korea)
- Prof. Stefan Steinlechner (Chair of Nonferrous Metallurgy, Montan Universität Leoben)
- 15:30 – 17:30: Networking event with SIM² and reception
Our event is open for members of the Flanders Metals Valley and students and is free of charge. To attend, an online registration is required via the form at the bottom of this page. The available places for this event are limited to 100. Registered participants will get a confirmation e-mail to confirm their registration.
In case of a no-show a fee of €50 will be charged if not cancelled before 21/03/2024.